Customer & Claim Service

We are here to provide you with the highest level of customer service to ensure your needs are handled correctly and quickly. Our online support center and our customer service representatives are here to help you through any changes you may need in your policy.

We know that you, the consumer, have many options available when it comes to shopping for and purchasing insurance, especially in today's Internet-oriented world.

Remember Hill Insurance is here for you. We have trained professionals who will answer your questions and offer advice throughout the claim process. Call us at (949) 494-8008.

George FJ Hill Insurance Agency

Lic. #0555890
319 Third Street
P.O. Box 837
Laguna Beach, CA 92652
Phone: (949) 494-8008
Fax: (949) 494-3859
Fax: (949) 494-8982

  What to do after an Auto Accident

Although auto accidents are more prevalent in the winter months, what you need to do after an accident never changes. Obviously it is hard to think clearly after an accident so it is important to know before you get into an accident what to do first and what questions may need answered. This checklist will help you know what to do after an auto accident. It is best to review it now and then print it out and keep a copy with you in your car.

  • Determine the Extent of Damage or Injuries - Try to stay calm. Panic can make others panic and the situation worse. There needs to be a calm person to determine the extent of damage and to determine if there are any injuries that need immediate medical attention.
  • File an Accident Report with the Police - Even in a minor accident it is important to make sure there is a legal accident report.
  • Discuss the Accident Only with the Police - With everyone all shook up it can be hard not to talk about what just happened, but that can also lead to you not thinking clearly and accurately about what happened. It is important to limit your discussion of the accident and not to admit any fault or liability. You should talk about the accident with the police and your insurance agent only.
  • Get the Facts - This is the part most people know to do, but often forget to after the accident for one reason or another. It is important to get names, address, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident. A description of the car and license plate number can also be helpful, but make sure you also get their insurance company and the vehicle identification number of their car. Don't just think the license plate number will do because most insurance companies only record the type of car and the vehicle identification number, not the license plate number.
  • Call Hill Insurance - Call your agent or insurance company's 800# immediately, even at the scene with the police if possible. Sometimes the police officer can give your insurance company more accurate information rather than information you may not be recording properly because of your being upset by the accident. This can save you a lot of time later waiting for your claim to be processed.

  What to do after a Property Loss

  • Make temporary repairs. - Protect the property from further damage, including "reasonable and necessary repairs." Make temporary repairs to further weather related damage. Cover holes in the roof, walls, doors and windows with plastic or boards. Be careful not to risk your own safety in making the repairs.
  • Notify the police in the event of a theft loss or the fire department in the event of a fire loss.
  • Call your insurance agent or insurance company. - Report the damage to your insurance agent or insurance company representative. Hill Insurance has experienced claim professionals who will assist you in your claim process. Ask questions such as: Am I covered? Does my claim exceed my deductible? (Your deductible is the amount of loss you agree to pay yourself when you buy a policy.) How long will it take to process my claim? Will I need to obtain estimates for repairs to structural damage?
  • Save receipts for additional living expenses - Most homeowners policies cover additional living expenses such as food and housing costs, telephone or utility installation costs in a temporary residence, extra transportation costs to and from work or school, relocation and storage expenses and furniture rental for a temporary residence. Your insurance company will usually advance you money for these expenses. The payments will be part of the final claim settlement. Let your insurance company know where you can be reached so that the claims adjuster can contact you and advance money if needed.
  • Preparing for the adjuster's visit. - The claims process may begin in one of two ways. 1. Your insurance company may send you a claim form, known as a "proof of loss form," to complete or... 2. An adjuster may visit your home first, before you're asked to fill out any forms. (An adjuster is a person professionally trained to assess the damage.) Usually, the more information you have about your damaged home and belongings the faster your claim can be settled.